Are you feeling like you should probably try to lose a pound, or two, or forty? You’re not alone.
These days a lot of Americans are overweight or even obese. And for some reason in this modern world where we have more diet pills than ever, people still struggle horribly with losing weight. There are a lot of different theories out there about why so many people find it such a difficult task to lose weight.
Here’s my theory – I think it’s mainly because people don’t want to engage in long, boring and frustrating workouts that waste their time and leave them feeling drained. Well here’s the good news – what if I told you that there were some fun activities that I have discovered that you can do that will help you to lose weight while you are outside enjoying the great outdoors?
Obviously most of us would love the idea of having fun while losing weight right? heck yeah, what could be better than that! So here is my list of some fun things that you can do outdoors in order to lose weight:
1. Surf the waves – As you probably already know, surfing can be an extremely physically demanding activity. If you don’t have any previous experience with surfing, trust me, you will have a hard time trying to stand up the first day you are out there. And you will also be You will be burning fat very effectively by trying to stand up on the board and paddling out over and over again. But the good thing is that, even though it’s a real workout – it’s also so much fun that you won’t even notice all the calories that you are burning. It’s a very good idea to learn how to surf because not onloy are you going to have a great time but it is also associated with a wide array of health benefits.
2. Ride a bike – Mountain or road biking is another one of the best methods I can think of for losing weight fast. If you want to make your bike ride even more of a fun activity call up a friend to go on a bike ride with you. That way you can simply think about riding your bike a something fun to do with one of your friends. If you are thinking about it a simply having fun with a friend then there is no chance that you are going to see it as a frustrating activity. The best part is that you be burning calories and losing weight in no time flat (that means a very short period of time).
3. Climb a mountain – Rock climbing is another physically demanding sport that is also a really good time. Again, simply think of climbing a mountain as a fun thing to do with some of your best friends. You won’t even be thinking about how fit you are getting. But every time you complete a climb, you will have just burned off a tremendous amount of calories.
4. Grow your own – You might wonder how much weight you could really lose just having fun in the garden, but the answer is – a lot! Researchers have actually studied this and discovered that gardening has the potential to burn hundreds of calories within just a few minutes. The best part is that you will likely not feel tired right away, as you probably would if you were exercising in the gym. I don’t know what your experience will be exactly, but I always feel very energetic and have a lot of stamina when I am growing my own fruits and vegetables in my garden. Gardening will also encourage you to eat fresh food and stay away from junk food that will make you gain weight.
5. Grab a kayak – Kayak rentals are extremely inexpensive and kayaking is one of the best methods I’ve identified for losing weight at an accelerated pace. Here’s another tip – why not make it even more fun by renting a double kayak with your best friend. That way you can enjoy your friend’s company while at the same time burning up hundreds and even thousands of calories. Kayaking offers an excellent workout for your entire body and it helps you burn fat extremely fast in your upper body and core regions.